2014 Sustainable Business Plan Competition - Timeline
The 2014 competition will unfold over the timeline listed below
February 3, 2014
- Business Plans are due to email@example.com. They should be submitted as a single Adobe PDF file.
- This should be an operational business plan -- that is, a document that your internal team writes so everyone is clear about what your company does and how it does it. Imagine you hired a new senior staff person who was unfamiliar with your company and asked for a detailed report on what your company did. Write that report. Max. length 15 pages, expected length 8 - 12pages.
February 17, 2014
- The William James Foundation will send the plans to our team of mentors on or before this date.
- These mentors will bring diverse perspectives (marketing, finance, operations, etc.) to providing constructive commentary on the business plans.
March 24, 2014
- Scorecards and commentary on the business plans are due back from the mentors.
March 31, 2014
- The William James Foundation will invite teams to enter the next round of the competition.
- Entrepreneurs will submit an updated version of their business plan with more detailed financials.
- Entrepreneurs will also have the opportunity to include a two page investor summary (Gust format), a investor-facing "Pitch Deck", and a short video (2 minutes max.) featuring one or more of your principals explaining how your company works.
April 28, 2014
- The second round materials are due to the William James Foundation.
May 12, 2014
- The William James Foundation will send the plans to our teams of mentors.
June 9, 2014
- Scorecards and commentary are due back from our mentors to the William James Foundation.
June 16, 2014
- The William James Foundation will invite top teams to our 2014 Annual Gathering.
July 24-26, 2014
- The William James Foundation Annual Gathering and Finalist Presentations are held in Washington, DC
- More than $100,000 worth of prizes will be available to the top companies.